If you have an idea for a business or already own a business and have plans to grow, the Here for Business program is for you. We partner with UHY Haines Norton to help small business owners in a range of industries to learn the fundamental principles of business success. As our trusted partner, UHY Haines Norton has full liability for the services they provide.
We help business owners from a range of industries learn the fundamentals of business success, including developing a business plan, exploring marketing strategies, financial management discipline and risk management.
Since the program was established in late 2017, our delivery partner, UHY Haines Norton, has helped 23 businesses through the 12-month mentoring program, investing more than $670,000 in micro loans and mentoring. These participants have created more than 74 new local employment opportunities and continue to be successful businesses.
In order to be eligible for the Here for Business Program, you and/or your business must:
- live and operate in the Gladstone region
- generate employment outcomes within 24 months of operation
- demonstrate sound business concepts
- be “business ready” and ready to launch within 12 months
- demonstrate you can invest at least 50% of initial capital costs in relation to your business setup or expansion
- demonstrate a commitment to the Here for Business program by depositing $2,000 in a Trust to secure your position within the program
- never have been declared bankrupt and be subject to background checks