When participating in our social media community, please ensure that you:
- protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others in your comments (such as email addresses, home addresses or phone numbers)
- represent your own views and do not impersonate or falsely represent any other person
- do not abuse, harass or threaten others or make personal attacks
- do not make posts or comments that racially or religiously vilify others; incite, induce or aid violence, discrimination, harassment, victimisation or hatred towards others; are likely to offend, insult or humiliate others, particularly on the basis of their race, colour, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any disability; or that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others
- do not make defamatory or libellous comments
- do not use insulting, provocative, hateful, obscene or offensive language
Participants on our social media channels are expected to treat each other, and us, with respect. We reserve the right to:
- remove content that breaches any of the House Rules outlined above
- remove content that promotes services or products
- close comments on a topic if the discussion is deemed to have become irrelevant or out-of-date by the page administrators
- remove content that is spam or unsolicited bulk messaging
- block a user after repeated breaches
If you see content that you deem inappropriate, please let us know and we will investigate.
The views expressed and published on Rio Tinto’s social media channels by a participant, invitee, expert, guest or other person are not necessarily the views of Rio Tinto. We do not endorse any opinions expressed by users, nor accept responsibility or liability for the comments, statements or claims of users on our accounts.
For enquiries or further information about Rio Tinto’s social media channels please email email@example.com